I did it and so can you!
As long as you have enough commitment and willpower you have already won half of the battle and you are on your way to a better life with less to none Endometriosis Pain / Symptoms, no more ER visits and fewer doctor visits.
I am proud to say that I have been Endometriosis Pain Free since 2010 nor have I seen a doctor for this disease since.
I understand that changing your diet can be as difficult as getting off drugs. In some way food is an addiction and we always think that eating healthy is going to be boring, plain, tastes bad and is way more expensive than the usual food we buy.
I can promise you out of experience it is NOT true.
The other problem is that we might think we are eating healthy, because the packaging says ‘All Natural’ etc … Please do not get fooled by the food industry! 90% of those manufacturers give a damn about you and your health, they only care for their profits!
– Be Aware – Heal Yourself
– Don’t Let Food, Stress & Drugs/Medications stand in your Way to Recovery
– Educate your family and friends about Endometriosis and how the above affects your health
– Ask for support from family and friends to accept your lifestyle change, they don’t have to live it but they need to support it and not give you a hard time
– Find your inner-self, ground yourself, find inner peace
– Gain new, fresh and positive energy with organic food – say NO to GMO
Below are some guidelines how I live these days and kicked Endo to the curb.
I highly recommend to check out the books under ‘Great Reads’. I read them all and
these books / authors have been my teacher and mentor since I made the switch saying NO TO ENDO.
This journey you are on is about Learning, Understanding and Executing.
Most of us with Endometriosis know that Endo feeds on Estrogen. To keep this disease under a manageable control we have to keep our Estrogen level as low as possible.
The most natural way is through our daily diet, that’s why I call it the Endometriosis Diet.
Try to cut back or if possible avoid at all
Soy, Mass Market Meat – Poultry – Fish, non-organic Fruits and Vegetables, any food and beverages in plastic wrap, refined sugar and high caffeine consumption.
- contains phytoestrogens, a group of chemical that mimics the effects of estrogen and are GMO food.
- soybeans, edamame, tofu, soy protein, soy beverages, soy cheese and other soy-based products.Soy has been marketed for years as the perfect health food. First thing you need to know about soy is that over 90% of the soybeans grown in the U.S. are genetically modified. Since GMO food was introduced, low birth weight babies, infertility, and many other problems went up in the U.S.. Animal studies on GMO soy have shown devastating effects including allergies, sterility, birth defects and offspring death rates up to five times higher than normal. The French ran a study on rats feeding them GMO Corn. The rats suffered tumors and multiple organ damage. Of course the EFSA came back, that this study was not scientifically valid. Soybean crops and other GMO food are also heavily treated with chemical herbicides, such as glyphosate, which a French research team has found to cause cancer. Soy is almost found in everything these days, especially in processed food. Most Westerners consume unfermented soy in the form of soy milk, tofu, TVP and soy infant formula.
Dr. Joseph Mercola (Physician & Author) listed in his HuffingtonPost Article 10 adverse affects on your body as a result consuming unfermented soy:
1. High Phytic Acid (Phytates): Reduces assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking, but only with long fermentation. High-phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.
2. Trypsin inhibitors: Interferes with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals, trypsin inhibitors in soy caused stunted growth.
3. Goitrogens: Potent agents that block your synthesis of thyroid hormones and can cause hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked with autoimmune thyroid disease. Goitrogens interfere with iodine metabolism.
4. Phytoestrogens/Isoflavones: Plant compounds resembling human estrogen can block your normal estrogen and disrupt endocrine function, cause infertility, and increase your risk for breast cancer.
5. Hemagglutinin: A clot-promoting substance that causes your red blood cells to clump, making them unable to properly absorb and distribute oxygen to your tissues.
6. Synthetic Vitamin D: Soy foods increase your body’s vitamin D requirement, which is why companies add synthetic vitamin D2 to soymilk (a toxic form of vitamin D).
7. Vitamin B12: Soy contains a compound resembling vitamin B12 that cannot be used by your body, so soy foods can actually contribute to B12 deficiency, especially among vegans.
8. Protein Denaturing: Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein (TVP). Chemical processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.
9. MSG: Free glutamic acid, or MSG, is a potent neurotoxin. MSG is formed during soy food processing, plus additional MSG is often added to mask soy’s unpleasant taste.
10. Aluminum and Manganese: Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum, which is toxic to your nervous system and kidneys, and manganese, which wreaks havoc on your baby’s immature metabolic system.
It’s also very interesting to read Dr. Joseph Mercola’s view about soy milk consumed by women and soy-based formula for infants.
He’s stating that Soy’s anti-nutrients are quite potent. Drinking just two glasses of soy milk daily provides enough of these compounds to alter a woman’s menstrual cycle. But if you feed soy to your infant or child, these effects are magnified a thousand-fold. Infants fed soy formula may have up to 20,000 times more estrogen circulating through their bodies as those fed other formulas. You should NEVER feed your infant a soy-based formula!
In fact, infants fed soy formula take in an estimated five birth control pills’ worth of estrogen every day.
This is quite a heavy statement and truth is everyone should think twice before consuming anything containing soy.
Although, fermented soy from ORGANIC soybeans (Miso, Tempeh, Nato and Soy Sauce) can be a beneficial part of your diet. My personal view is, I am staying away from soy all together. And I have to admit my theory has not failed me ever. My endometriosis is completely under control, I don’t suffer from endo pain, cysts, etc. But again it’s not alone the soy, it’s a combination of a clean fresh diet without soy, sugar, alcohol etc (see more below).
Source: Dr. Joseph Mercola
Supermarket Meat – Poultry – Fish aka Commercially raised Meat – Poultry – Fish
- are often hormonally treated. These estrogen-like hormones accumulate in your body and can contribute to your estrogen dominance problems. Try to avoid regular meat, chicken and fish and choose hormone-free options. Even better, opt for grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and wild-caught fish to reduce your exposure to these hormones.
Non-Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- contain pesticide residue, which can disrupt your hormone balance. Avoid especially the “Dirty Dozen”, the foods with the highest pesticide residue, including peaches, apples, bell peppers, celery, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, pears, imported grapes, spinach, lettuce and potatoes. Opt for Organic Fruits and Vegetables and give your body the poison break it deserves.
Below is a list of Estrogen-Based Foods:
-Flaxseed, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts and chestnuts
-Chickpeas (e.g. humus I have no problems!), lentils, mung beans, pinto beans, black beans and soybeans
-Whole grain, multi-grain, rye and whole meal breads (Wheat contains phytic acid which can aggravate endometriosis symptoms)
Sugar in general encourages the inflammatory pain of endometriosis. It’s recommended to limit or cut out completely chocolate, sweeteners, drinks and sweets with high sugar levels.
Caffeine, especially in high amounts increase estrogen levels, which again trigger endometriosis attacks and cause the condition to develop. Avoid Coffee, Tea and Soda. I have 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and after that only water and sometimes unsweetened tea.
Alcohol eats up vitamin B stored in the liver. Liver function plays a big role in clearing out excess estrogen that helps to control Endo.
Dairy products stimulate the production of PGE2 and PGF2a, which can worsen symptoms, primary dairy food that should be avoided are milk and cheeses.
Saturated fats and oils stimulate the production of PGE2 and PGF2a.
Processed, frozen and pre-packaged foods you really have to avoid with endometriosis, as they are full of additives, preservatives chemicals, and many other ingredients that promote ill health and PGE2 and PGF2.
Also Foods and beverages found in a plastic wrap, in a plastic bottle or in a can are likely to contain BPA and other food chemicals that can be part of your estrogen dominance. If any way possible stay away from canned vegetables (especially tomatoes!) and any other canned food. Bottled water can be a challenge. I always look for the plant bottles it makes me feel a little bit better, but best is to get a good reliable filter system and a few reusable glass bottles you can take anywhere you go.
Avoid buying sauces, juices, soups, frozen entrees and milk in plastic bottles, plastic containers or cans. Opt for food packed in a glass container or BPA-free container to improve your estrogen dominance symptoms.
After reading this list, you probably are asking yourself, what is left to consume, except water and air. I was thinking the exact same thing! Not get overwhelmed by all the information I just threw at you!!! Take one day at a time and one step at a time!
I am not a Doctor or a Nutritionist, but I have IV Stage Endometriosis and here is how I deal with my Eating Habits every single day. You can eat almost everything of the above; you just have to figure out how much your body can take without triggering Endo-Pain. Remember each body is different and what does not trigger my Endo maybe triggers yours and vise versa.
Here’s what I recommend:
Go Organic (Vegetable, Fruits, Dairy and Meat/Fish) – Say No to GMO
– You don’t have to cut out all the foods above, just reduce it and start figuring out what amount of each food your body takes best. It may take you up to 1 year to find the perfect diet for you but it will be worth it!
– Banish Alcohol, Soda and sweets. At least for 2-3 months to clean your body. If you can’t live without Alcohol or Sweets treat yourself from to time to time. After you cleaned your body you will probably notice what alcohol and sweets does to you, when you consume it again for the first time. And you might give it up right there and then for good.
– If you need your coffee in the morning have one or two cups and after that stick with water all day.
– Eliminate stress, try yoga or other exercise, meditate
– Talk to your doctor about multivitamins / mineral supplements. B Vitamins Lower Estrogen Levels. Try boosting your intake of B-complex vitamins. Even better get yourself organic vitamins and minerals! The stuff you get on the shelf in the grocery stores is synthetic. I never had success with those products. If you want to get really serious with turning your life around, try Wild Force Green Formula. I can only recommend it, it is a powerhouse of healthy stuff! 100% Vegan and No synthetic vitamins and minerals. I take it every day as many times as I want. You can’t overdose on wild plants but wild plants will heal your body 🙂
Follow me on Pinterest – I add every single day new recipes:
Healthy Food ideas for Endometriosis Sufferers
Not only will you feel better soon because of less Endo-Pain, your hormones will stop spinning out of control and you and your family’s overall health will also improve and if you have struggled with weight gain, you might be even shedding some pounds with your new way of living.
Please email us your story and experiences if you would like to share with the community. If you have great recipes to share, we have always an open ear for that too!!!! Let’s all work together and try to make the best out of this disease! If your content is a fit for our site, we will approve it and start posting your emails and recipes for others to read! We will of course protect your email address and name! Send all Shares to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think this article will help others, please share on your social media site!